new things & zero waste all-purpose cleaner
how's it going?
i'm taking this website in a new direction that i am very passionate and excited about!
b and i decided that our "word" for 2018 would be sustainability, focusing on how we approach trash and waste. refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle, rot (aka compost)
so as i learn about ways to make things instead of replacing them and creating more trash, i'll be sharing those recipes, tips, and tricks with you here.
i'll also be opening a store soon, naturally sweet shop, where you can buy custom, homemade, all natural, cruelty-free bath and beauty products. skincare is a huge passion of mine, and having sensitive skin forced me to create some everyday products myself that i can't wait to share with you! check out a giveaway going on now for free samples.
i hope you're as excited about this new journey as i am! to kick things off, check out my all-purpose spray recipe below :)
stay sweet babes xo
zero waste all-purpose cleaner
one of the very first things i made, and one of the easiest!
what you need:
- white vinegar
- citrus rinds (i like orange or lemon/lime)
- essential oil (completely optional)
- spray bottle
- funnel (optional, but helpful)
what to do:
- add citrus rinds of your choice to a jar and cover with vinegar (my spray bottle is 16 ounces, so i fill a 16-ounce jar halfway with 8 ounces of vinegar) and let sit for at least a week
- pour the citrus infused vinegar in your spray bottle
- compost those rinds!
- fill the rest of the bottle with water
- add 30-40 drops of the essential oil of your choice (i think bergamot is a nice compliment to citrus, but lavender/lemon is also a great combo!)
- shake it up and you're good to go
this spray is great for cleaning counters and surfaces, windows and mirrors! if i'm cleaning the bathtub, or tile/grout, i'll sprinkle some baking soda on the area first for extra cleaning power. i've quickly learned that baking soda and white vinegar are a power couple of the same caliber as kimye. yeah, i said it.
what are your favorite natural cleaning hacks? let me know below!